Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin A is a very simple solo legato instrument. The library continues along the lines of the unfolding Con Moto series with ‘active-bow’ sustains and legatos recorded con moto (with motion). The latter is here expanded upon with a ‘pitch-memory’ adaptation, which helps minimize a musician’s susceptibility to timbral variation between sustain and shorter legato assets.
Features: – Solo violinist
– One dynamic layer (in the territory of mf-f)
– Bow-change pitch-memory legato, recorded con moto (with movement in the bowing and vibrato)
– “Active-bow” sustains (non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining the dynamic/timbre)
– Short, responsive release samples
– One mic position – recorded at a moderately close distance in a hall with a stereo pair
– 48 kHz / 24-bit